French Linen | Care Instructions
Primary French Linen Sheets, Duvet Covers, Shams + Pillow Cases
Primary is made from 100% French linen. As with all bedding and clothing, new linen should be washed before using for the first time. The more time you spend in your Primary linens, the softer they'll become.
A few tips we recommend to properly care for your linens so they last as long as your love for them does:
- Separate colors and whites (just like mom taught you)
- Separate linen from other fabrics
- Wash using a warm, gentle cycle with liquid detergent (like Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Laundry Detergent)
- Tumble dry using warm, gentle setting
- Stop the drying cycle just before sheets are completely dry and put them on your bed fresh out of the dryer to minimize wrinkles
- Use wool dryer balls instead of dryer sheets (try these Wool Dryer Balls from Simple Natural Products)
- Use bleach, harsh detergents, powder detergent or fabric softener
- Try to fill the machine
- Wash with any items that have zippers or hooks
Longer lasting, super soft, and perfectly supportive means your pillow will be getting lots of use (as it should!), and will need a wash every so often. Your Primary Pillow is machine washable! We tested out the washing process for you. Follow the instructions below, and your pillow will be clean and ready for you to rest your head on after every wash.
- Unzip: Separate the outer pillow and inner pillow.
Tip: Don’t forget to rezip the outer pillow.
- Insert: Put both pillow parts into washing machine.
Tip: For best results, use front-loading machine.
- Wash: Use gentle cycle, mild liquid detergent and cold water.
- Dry: Tumble dry on low temperature with dryer balls.
Washing your Primary Pillow every 3-6 months will keep it clean and make it last. On average, two standard pillows make one load.